Friday 7 February 2014

Peanut Butter-Banana ice Cream

My husband forgot a bunch of bananas in the vehicle after shopping the other day, when I realized it the next day they were completely frozen!
I got tired of looking at these Brown bananas sitting on our counter.
And then I remembered My pintrest wall (pintrest.com/PrettiemommY)  has been flooded with people pinning almond butter banana ice cream.

But I didnt have and almonds  so I decided to try it with peanut butter  and heres the recipe.


(Photos of soft served.....photo of hard, still to come)

4-5 large very ripe bananas (yellow with lots brown spots)
3-4 TBSP Peanut Butter

1. Peel bananas and cut nto 1/2 inch slices. Put banana slices on a baking sheet (single layer). Freeze for 1-2 hours.

2. Place the banana slices in a powerful blender (I'm sure a food processor would work too). Puree banana slices, scraping the the sides. Puree until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Add the peanut butter and puree to combine. For 'soft-serve' ice cream consistency eat right away. If you want a harder ice cream, place in the freezer for a few hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment