Sunday 9 February 2014

Praying for a Pay Raise

Teacher in Mississippi: Praying for a Pay Raise (source)

“I’m getting ready to go to bed b/c I have to get up at 5:00 in the morning for early duty. I plan to pray tonight for our Elected Officials b/c that is what it says to do in the Bible to pray for them b/c they are placed in authority. I have a lot of emotions going through my mind but I hope and pray that the Representatives will do the right thing tomorrow and Support our Ms Teachers. We all work hard and we all do it b/c we love the children and love our communities. Even though we don’t teach for the money we all have bills to pay and have to provide for our on families. It really bothers me personally though that the State would be willing to give away $350 million to big corporations, willing to give tax credits to Vouchers for private schools, and expanding Charter Schools across our states. I truly believe that some of these elected officials have forgotten us and just don’t respect us anymore. I just don’t understand how they can start new schools while our schools are underfunded and teachers are struggling to make it. Anyway I’m off my soapbox but plan to keep the fight and plan to do the best job that I can to educate my children everyday. God Bless you all.”



No comments:

Post a Comment